Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Second staircase assembled

I have the core of both stairways complete but need to finish off the sides and bottoms yet but you can get an idea of what they will look like the bottom staircase will be totally inclosed and the top one will be a floating staircase and open to create a mezzanine of all three floors and the skylight above.  I’m finishing them outside the house as much as possible and will add the final trim pieces once installed.  I’m also adding a small room under the bottom staircase, it will either be a powder room or a coat room I’m still waiting to see the exact space before making a final decision.    I also included pictures of the walls, I have the doors and windows cut out and laid out the details I want to use but nothing is glued.  I painted the small nieche walls white to break up the busy wallpaper and the staircase will be mostly white with gold rails again to break up the space some it will all be finished next week hopefully and I can take all the furniture and stuff out  so I can move it from my work studio above our garage where everything has been built and assembled and is set up at this time, and put it in its permanent spot in my house and I can do any touch ups and final details and things from inside the house.   Even though it’s made from foam core it’s still very heavy empty due to all the castings on the walls and ceilings and the fireplaces and doorways.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment