Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Blueprints and construction of the structure

I started plans a few years ago and changed them many many times  but am happy with the way it turned out. I am building it out of foamcore not wood here are some pictures of the plans and house.  The house is in 7 sections that way I can move it if needed .  It’s a huge house it’s 10 ft long 3 ft high and 3 ft deep.  The first floor is 14” high except the library and ballroom they are 16” the second floor is 14” high and the third floor is 11” high.




















3 comments:

  1. Hello Michael,
    The plans are great. I appreciate the size and scale of your project and love the fact that you included so many of the rooms that would have been in a gilded age mansion. I also love a miniature house that has a realistic flow from room to room.
    The foamcore for the structure is a great idea. My house is 5/8 MDF and it is a nightmare to move a section. May I ask if there are any houses in particular that inspired you!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I used foam because of dust allergies and yes it’s much lighter than wood I had a few years of architecture in high school and loved all the Vanderbilt and other gilded mansions, no house in particular I pulled ideas from dozens of houses and tried to incorporate as much detail and realism as possible. Having a dollhouse with a realistic flow was the hardest part of the plans, making sure the layout of the rooms made sense. I changed the plans several times but I’m happy with the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will notice there is no kitchen in the house, it would have been a separate building or in the lower part of the house. Only public rooms on the first floor and private rooms on the second and third floors.

    ReplyDelete