Saturday, May 26, 2018

Skylight led “gas jets” lighting

I decided to mask the leds to represent gas jets they used in Victorian times to light large spaces and use for updrafts for air flow.  I used plastic trim pieces I had that have lots of openings and let light threw so it hides the leds and the wiring but let’s a worm glow threw. only the 2 long sides are lit 30 leds in each side. The skylight is just taped together for now but I wanted to see what it’s going to look like please see pictures below for details.



















4 comments:

  1. Hello Michael,
    The sky light is amazing. It looks stunning on its own, and the "gas lights" just bring it over the top. Magnificent design, magnificent work.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Giac and thank you I still need glue everything together and add the molding but I’m glad I painted the fancy trim white it stands out against the gold :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Michael,
    I just saw your comment on my blog. Those are ocean view pictures I found of The breakers in Newport. I still have the pictures on my computer, so feel free to email me at gdellcv2@hotmail.com and I can send them to you. We are going on holiday and leave tomorrow morning, so I might not get back to you until June 12th.
    Have a great weekend.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete